Bryan, up until recently we were focused on making the ARIA MVP working
with its basic functionalities, thus we deferred working on the plugins and
relied on Cloudify's plugins with an adaptor that would allow us to use the
Cloudify plugins with ARIA, available here
https://github.com/cloudify-cosmo/aria-extension-cloudify.
The adaptor was tested with AWS and OpenStack, and as part of this we also
converted the plugin types into TOSCA types:
OpenStack
https://github.com/cloudify-cosmo/aria-extension-cloudify/tree/master/plugins/openstack

And AWS
https://github.com/cloudify-cosmo/aria-extension-cloudify/tree/master/plugins/aws

You bring up a very good point, that ARIA does not yet provide a complete
solution without lifecycle management as part of the project.
I think we should have plugins for at least one or two major platforms as
part of ARIA release 1.0 scope.

Arthur