Sorry, I did not understand that last comment about "bush league"!

But yes, the spec is known to be flimsy and self-contradictory. In the end,
we must make a choice on how to implement things in ARIA, while taking into
account that other TOSCA implementations might interpret the spec
differently. (Even more ideally: provide configuration options for ARIA's
parser, so that it could better work with YAML files created for other
TOSCA implementations. We have a few of these configuration options
already.)

This is exactly why the current PR for ARIA-1 is important: it introduces a
broad test suite for TOSCA syntax and grammar, which obviously follows the
interpretations we made for ARIA. But it can be run on other TOSCA parsers,
too, at least giving us information as to where other parsers differ in
their interpretations of the spec.

I will say that our rules of thumb has generally been: 1) if a strict and
loose interpretation are possible, choose the stricter one, and 2) keep the
"spirit of the spec" in mind: object-orientation and enforcement of the
parent type contract.