The tests work well with your complete sources. I observed that the hibernate test worked and the eclipselink test failed when I ran the tests against my original sources. I just wondered why the two persistence frameworks behaved differently.

I like the way you solved the problem with the EntityManager properties. It allows the code to access the transaction type at any time while the service properties would have to be forwarded in a custom way.

I know we are not yet feature complete. The reason why I think we should now ask about the future of aries jpa is that at apache the community should be involved from the start. So we should not wait till the code is completely polished. Of course we are already working in the open and everyone can engage but the code currently is on
github which is not the common procedure at apache.

If people are unsure we can also put our current code into a branch and do the switch on trunk at a later time.

Christian