hi folks,

With the way things are looking, I think we should aim to have all
0.8.0 work wrapped up by the end of next week, and hopefully be
positioned to make a release candidate on Monday Nov 13 or Tuesday Nov
14.

There are still 53 JIRAs in TODO in the release milestone and several
in progress

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ARROW/versions/12341352

It's likely we will have to slightly trim scope as the release nears,
but I would like for as much as possible of this work to get done in
time, so I will personally be pushing very hard throughout this week
and next week.

We have quite a lot of loose ends at the moment and many PRs in
various states of review. There is also the in-progress Java vector
hierarchy refactor. Since the Java refactor is important for
downstream users like Spark 2.3.0 it would be great to get this into
0.8.0.

Thanks,
Wes