hi everyone,

With the number of items that are still up in the air for 0.8.0, and
the fact that it would be great to get the Java vector refactor into
the release, I would propose we continue pushing development until the
end of next week, i.e. through ~ Friday November 17. I have also been
traveling and have not been able to write as many patches as I would
like.

It might also be good during this time frame to make sure that the
Spark-Arrow integration is able to migrate to the new API after 0.8.0.
There is an open JIRA about adding a Dockerized setup for integration
testing with Spark, so this might be good motivation to set up a
head-to-head integration tests between Spark master and Arrow master.

Since the following week of 11/20 has the US Thanksgiving Holiday,
it's likely to be a slow development week anyway, so we could put out
an RC on Monday of that week assuming all is going well.

best
Wes