The author of the Rust version of FlatBuffers is now working on a public
fork and seems to be making good progress. I just wanted to send a quick
update on this since I am now back onto working on Arrow IPC in Rust (I'm
sure this is going to take quite a while though so don't want to get
anyones hopes up too much). For anyone that is interested, here is the
FlatBuffers branch: https://github.com/rw/flatbuffers/tree/2018-02--rust

Andy.