Not to jump in too randomly, but for jupyter-widgets/bqplot
<https://github.com/bloomberg/bqplot> - we haven't found an optimal
solution to this.

- The dev mailing list is often considered to be intrusive
- GitHub issues arent really used for simple questions or non-bug fixes
- Gitter remains our most popular source of questions, which suffers a lot
of the problems of Slack outlined in Wes' email

We're considering discuss forums, specially after the large success of the
PyTorch <https://discuss.pytorch.org> and MXNet <https://discuss.mxnet.io>
forums for building community, allowing comfort in asking simple questions
and being stored/googleable

Dhruv