Thanks for bringing this discussion up Li. I think we can use an existing
style guide as a starting point, but ultimately we as a community should
decide how to best fit it for the project. I believe we already have the
google checkstlye as our Java rules configuration file, but already off the
bat the import rules seem insufficient. For example, they now have a single
import group that would encompass all third-party and Arrow imports, and
the section of the guide about imports in your link is empty. I know a lot
of style is a matter of preference, so I would encourage anyone to follow
and comment in the JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-1688
where I will be making style fixes incrementally in sub-tasks. Whatever
style we choose does not have to be set in stone and can always be changed
in the future, however I don't think we should point people to a
third-party guide as official reference.

Thanks,
Bryan