hi John,

In C++ the builder classes don't yet support writing into preallocated
memory. It would be tricky for applications to determine a priori
which segments of memory to pass to the builder. It seems only
feasible for primitive / fixed-size types so my guess would be that a
separate set of interfaces would need to be developed for this task.

- Wes