Yes, the LogicalType is newer than ConvertedType in the parquet format, and
was until recently not implemented in parquet-cpp.
The problem is that originally, the parquet thrift::ConvertedType was
implemented in parquet-cpp as LogicalType. Now, support is added in
parquet-cpp for this newer parquet thrift::LogicalType, but the obvious
name for that in parquet-cpp was already taken. Therefore, it was added as
parquet::LogicalAnnotation. See this PR for context:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/4185

So Deepak's question is if we can rename parquet-cpp's parquet::LogicalType
to parquet::ConvertedType (to match the thrift format naming), so we can
actually use the logical name parquet::LogicalType instead of
parquet::LogicalAnnotation for the new implementation.
And to avoid the confusion we are having here ..

But renaming like that would be hard break in parquet-cpp for libraries
depending on that, though. But I can't really assess the impact of that.

Best,
Joris