I also agree that time-based releases are the only reasonable thing to
do going forward. It also creates a sense of urgency to complete work
by a certain date, in the sense of "the ship is leaving the port on X,
all aboard!"

The Blocker priority on JIRA can be used to communicate if some issue
should prevent a release candidate from being cut, but contributors
can also state whether there is some concerning issue here on the
mailing list.

With that being said, I think we should have the backlog closed and
the project ready by June 24. A number of optional builds are still
broken, and Flight is not set up in the Python packages, so those are
the things that I would like to see sorted out by then, all the rest
is nice-to-have.

- Wes