Hi All,

I have been away from Arrow for a while due to relocation of family and RSI.
I'd like to start working toward getting Rust passing the integration tests.
In the last few months a lot of work has been done to "dockerize" many of the
build steps in the project, which I'm trying to figure out.

I started out using the 'arrow_integration_xenial_base' image and submitted a
PR to allow it to be built from a windows host, but I noticed that there is a
page in the pyarrow docs related to integration testing
(https://arrow.apache.org/docs/developers/integration.html) that uses
docker-compose from the top level of the project.  It seems that the
'arrow_integration_xenial_base' image is replaced by this solution?

Is there a way to run the integration tests (integration_test.py) in a
reproducible way via docker at this time?  If not I plan to add the
dependencies for go and java etc to 'arrow_integration_xenial_base' so that I
can run integration_test.py in a docker container.

Thanks,
Paddy

Integration Testing — Apache Arrow
v0.13.0<https://arrow.apache.org/docs/developers/integration.html>
# Build and run manually docker-compose build cpp docker-compose build python
docker-compose run python # Using the makefile with proper image dependency
resolution make -f Makefile.docker python
arrow.apache.org