hi Anthony,

Yes, to back up what Micah is saying, Arrow is developed by a
community of volunteers. Some of the volunteers are myself and my
colleagues. My statements were only that my colleagues and I are
unwilling to continue volunteering our time as we have been (see more
at https://ursalabs.org/blog/2019-06-07-monthly-report/). Empirically,
supporting wheels has prevented us from doing other important work in
the project.

I'm a bit skeptical about the conda-press solution. Our users were
upset when the Linux wheels went from ~15MB to ~50MB (which was
partially caused by some shared libs getting duplicated because
setuptools doesn't understand symlinks). Isn't a wheel produced by
conda-press for a package with a ton of dependencies going to be
pretty big?

Thanks