I'm also OK with these changes. Since we have not established a
versioning or compatibility policy with regards to "Other" data
structures like Tensor and SparseTensor, I don't know that a vote is
needed, just a pull request.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 1:11 PM Rok Mihevc <rok.mih...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM Kenta Murata <m...@mrkn.jp> wrote:
>
> > (3) Adding SparseCSCIndex
> >

> I'd be interested to help with (Python) part of this SparseCSCIndex.
>

> I’d appreciate any comments or suggestions.
> >

> I missed previous discussion, so this might have already been discussed,
> but did we ever consider adding fill value attribute? So parameter that
> sets the 'zero' value to some arbitrary value instead of zero if we need it.
> See fill_value here
> https://sparse.pydata.org/en/latest/generated/sparse.SparseArray.html?highlight=fill%20value#sparse.SparseArray.fill_value
> and
> here
> https://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/reference/api/pandas.SparseArray.html
> .

I don't think this has been discussed. I think the SparseTensor
discussions have been intended to reach compatibility with "sparse
matrix" projects like scipy.sparse. pandas's "SparseArray" objects are
a distinct thing -- I don't know many examples of sparse matrices with
fill values other than 0