If releases were costless to make, I'd be all for it, but it's not clear to
me that it's worth the diversion from other priorities to make a release
right now. Nothing on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ARROW%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.16.1
jumps out to me as super urgent--what are you seeing as critical?

If we did decide to go forward, would it be possible to do a release that
is limited to the affected implementations (say, do a Python-only release)?
That might reduce the cost of building and verifying enough to make it
reasonable to consider.

Neal