That sounds great! I'd like to have some support for using the rust and/or
C++ libraries in the browser via wasm as well.
As long as the community is ok with your overall approach "to add compiler
conditionals around any I/O features and libc dependent features of these
two libraries," I think it may be best to start with a PR and discuss
specifics from there.

Do any rust contributors have objections to this?

Brian