As Jorge points out here [1], the tests in datafusion/src/context.rs are
not really unit tests. They are more like SQL integration tests. There is
also a small and languishing set of sql tests in `rust/datafusion/tests/
sql.rs`.

These tests are critical for DataFusion's quality and I would like to
propose a small reorganization so it is easier to find existing test
coverage and write new ones

Specifically I propose:
1. move `rust/datafusion/src/test` to its own module `rust/test_helpers`
(so that it can be shared with sql.rs)
2. Update the style of all sql.rs tests to be inline with that in context.rs
(using assert_batches_eq!)
3. Move tests that are not specific to `ExecutionContext` out of context.rs
and into sql.rs

Then over time I imagine being able to organize the tests within sql.rs
better (split into multiple modules, for example)

If no one objects, I'll write up some JIRA tickets and start trying to move
in this direction

Thanks,
Andrew

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/9936#pullrequestreview-632020250