Le 15/06/2021 à 09:31, Joris Van den Bossche a écrit :

(but I also don't fully understand your point here, as your "they
would get the correct histogram" seems to imply a positive statemenent
for tz-naive timestamps, while your email starts with a +1 on
Antoine's proposal which, as far as I understand it, says that
timestamps without timezone are useless / should be interpreted as UTC
instead (which makes your above described scenario impossible)).

My proposal is that timestamps without timezone should be interpreted as UTC. I don't get how that makes them "useless". In my view, that makes them far more useful than if we don't know their base of reference (because then most operations you can do on them will give uninterpretable data).