On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 3:10 PM Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> wrote:

> The thing that would make me more efficient reviewing PRs is figuring out
> which one of the open reviews are ready for additional feedback.

Yes, I think this would be the single most significant quality-of-life
improvement for reviewers.

> I think the idea of a webapp or something that shows active reviews would
> be helpful (though I get most of that from appropriate email filters).
>
> What about a system involving labels (for which there is already a basic
> GUI in github)? Something low tech like
>
> (Waiting for Review)
> (Addressing Feedback)
> (Approved, waiting for Merge)
>
> With maybe some automation prompting people to add the "Waiting on Review"
> label when they want feedback

I think it would have to be a bot that automatically sets the labels.
If it requires contributors to take some action outside of pushing new
work (new commits or a rebased version of the patch) to the PR and
leaving responses to comments on the PR, the system is likely to fail
some non-trivial percentage of the time.

Given the quality of off-the-shelf web app components nowadays (e.g.
https://material-ui.com), throwing together a read-only PR dashboard
that shows what has changed since you last interacted with them (along
with some other helpful things, like whether the build is passing) is
"probably" not a super heavy lift. I haven't done any frontend
development in years so while the backend part (writing Python code to
wrangle data from GitHub's REST API and put it in a SQLite database)
wouldn't take very long I would need some help on the front end
portion and setting it up for deployment on DigitalOcean or somewhere.