This vote passes (+8 binding / +3 non-binding).  I've created
ARROW-13218 and started a PR [1] to tackle both this vote and the
other vote (regarding instants).  The PR will need to wait until the
other vote settles to be merged but I'd appreciate any comments /
refinements in the meantime.

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/10629