https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-14801

Rust has its own repository and does frequent point releases:
https://github.com/apache/arrow-rs/tree/master/dev/release

however, even point releases require 3 PMC binding +1 votes and API breaking changes can only take place on major releases.

Many of the tests for releases can be automated, possibly relieving some of the PMC burden in the current process. Judgement on code quality and software license is still required though[1]. Similarly, releases need to be signed.

[1] https://infra.apache.org/release-publishing.html