To continue the ExtensionType part of this thread - I would like to
add TensorArray [1] as an ExtensionType to Arrow but we have not yet
agreed on an "official" location for "Well Known Extension Types".

Where could we put these? Some suggestions:

* implementation folders (e.g. arrow/cpp/extensions/tensor_array.h)
* extensions folder (e.g. arrow/extensions/cpp/tensor_array.h)
* separate repo (e.g. github.com/apache/arrow_extensions/cpp/tensor_array.h)

I'd be happy to also gather other Well Known Extension Types into one
location if this moves forward.

Rok

[1] https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/8510#issuecomment-991150389