Le 25/01/2022 à 10:12, Joris Van den Bossche a écrit :
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 at 20:27, Rok Mihevc <rok.mih...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the input Weston!

How about arrow/experimental/format/ExtensionTypes.fbs or
arrow/format/ExtensionTypes.fbs for language independent schema and
loosely arrow/<IMPLEMENTATION>/extensions for implementations?

Having machine readable definitions could perhaps be useful for
generating implementations in some cases.

Is it useful to put this in a flatbuffer file? Based on the list from
Weston just below, I think this will mostly contain a *description* of
those different aspect (a specification of the extension type), and
there is no data that actually fits in a flatbuffer table? In that
case a plain text (eg markdown) file seems more fitting?

I agree this is mostly a plain text (or, rather, reST :-)) specification task.

Regards

Antoine.