Hi Andy,

You are correct that those are alternative options. You actually had
your key correctly added to the KEYS file. I believe the issue is that
your key is only self-signed, so it cannot be verified through
Andrew's web of trust. See key signing party instructions at:
https://infra.apache.org/release-signing.html#key-signing-party.

Thanks,
QP