Thanks all for the responses.

I've opened https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues/36474 for a more selective approach as preferred by most. See you there :-)

Regards

Antoine.

Le 05/07/2023 à 06:22, Alenka Frim a écrit :
I agree with what was said till now.

I did agree to be added as a codeowner for the Python directory which didn't
turn out to be the best idea. As Joris mentioned, the number of
notifications
is not small. There are lots of PRs that are not Python related, but maybe
just have a test added in Python and therefore I am not capable of
reviewing.
So similarly as Dewey mentioned, most of the PRs on which I get assigned
to as a reviewer I simply ignore.

Not perfect, for sure. Hopefully that didn't in reality cause too much
bewilderment and bad experience from the side of the contributors.

But what I do like with this approach is that I am aware of most of the
things
that go on in the project and could be connected to pyarrow.

To give a "vote" on the proposed way forward, I think the second option
(de-assigning themselves, and if possible pinging another core developer)
could be a good way to go. If we would be expected to give a review on each
PR we are assigned to it would be fair that I remove myself from the
CODEOWNERS file.

Best,
Alenka