I agree that this is a great time to look at improving the verification
process. One solution I've seen work fairly well is to convert large bash
scripts into a lightweight ETL pipeline that caches the results/status of
each node as it executes. That way, restarting a pipeline at the right
checkpoint is trivial. Existing open source ETL platforms should be able to
do this, although I don't know which would be best. Something like Apache
Airflow would probably be overkill IMO.