Ah, while I was thinking of it as useful for a fallback, I'm not specifying it
that way.  Better ideas for names would be appreciated.

The actual precedence has never been specified. All endpoints are equivalent,
so clients may use what is "best". For instance, with Matt Topol's concurrent
proposal, a GPU-enabled client may preferentially try UCX endpoints while other
clients may choose to ignore them entirely (e.g. because they don't have UCX
installed).

In practice the ADBC/JDBC drivers just scan the list left to right and try each
endpoint in turn for lack of a better heuristic.