The idea is that the client would reuse the existing connection, in which case
the protocol and such are implicit. (If the client doesn't have a connection
anymore, it can't use the fallback anyways.)

I suppose this has the advantage that you could "fall back" to a known hostname
with a different protocol, but I'm not sure that always applies anyways.
(Correct me if I'm wrong Matt, but as I recall, UCX addresses aren't hostnames
but rather opaque byte blobs, for instance.)

If we do prefer this, to avoid overloading the hostname, there's also the
informal convention of using + in the scheme, so it could be
arrow-flight-fallback+grpc+tls://, arrow-flight-fallback+http://, etc.