On 05/09/15 02:27, Seetharam Venkatesh wrote:

Atlas has sufficient abstraction over the repository and does not want to
expose it to the users. Given that we have a type-specific DSL, we would
like users to interact with the system using that or full-text search.

yes - completely understand, my intent was more to understand Atlas better, and to better be able to consider any improvements / make suggestions. I entirely agree the intent here is to surface that abstraction.

Rester read-only API was added for testing and I purposefully left out the
server part since it allows mutations.

A colleague had pointed me to some generic graph tooling which I pointed at the atlas rexster API, but a few omissions (like getting the list of graphs) potentially barfed it. I'll elaborate more when I look into it. My initial goal in doing this was think how to visualize the graph in atlas.

Given that you want to poke around a graph db, I'd suggest you download
titan server with rexster and just point it to the atlas db dir.

Makes sense?

Yes .. together with the previous comments, I'll trying doing that. Thanks for the tips.