> Could we still keep the Glog formatter class so folks who want to have the
> same log formatting between the Aurora log lines and the Mesos driver
> (which prints to stderr by default) just have to add a line to their
> logging.properties?

I feel slightly uneasy about pseudo-public APIs like this in the long term,
but it makes sense for now.

FWIW you can almost match the current logging format with vanilla
logging.properties configuration:

java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter.format = %4$1.1s%1$tm%1$td
> %1$tH:%1$tM:%1$tS.%1$tL %2$s %5$s%6$s%n

which results in messages like this:

I1229 10:24:46.099 org.apache.aurora.scheduler.app.local.FakeMaster
> lambda$start$0 All offers consumed, suppressing offer cycle.

This doesn't include the thread ID we currently have in our log lines,
which has been useful in the past for forensics.  If/when we switch to
log4j, we should be able to jettison our formatter class as it appears you
can include the thread name in the log format.