Hi Jeremy,

great job ! I like the new look'n feel.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

On 05/16/2017 07:44 AM, Jeremy Weinstein wrote:
Hi Beam community! fran...@apache.org and I have been working on a project
to refresh the visual design of the Beam website. We have the following few
goals:

a) Breathe some life into the website homepage
b) Simplify and clean up the project's CSS and various supporting files
c) Make it a little more fun and engaging for new developers to start
learning about Beam and enter into the content
d) Help explain Beam to passive and interested non-users

I'd like the community's help on a few things.

1) First and foremost, any feedback on the design update is welcome.
2) Secondly, there is a section on the homepage for testimonials/quotes
from Beam users and/or organizations about their usage of Beam. We could
set this up on a rotational basis to cycle through quotes, but to start, if
anyone knows of any good quotes, posts, or tweets about Beam, I'd like to
source those and place them into the "A collaborative effort" section.
Please send them over to me and I can flow them into the build.

We're hoping to refresh the site before or soon after the first stable
release. For this first pass we've focused on the main landing page, but
next up we'd like to improve several of the inside pages, as well as update
the code toggles, and simplify a bit of the navigational structure.

Sending this PR [1] out now as an FYI and to solicit feedback. We'll make a
few more improvements based on suggestions, as well as a few tweaks to
TODOs in the header and footer. Feedback is welcome - thanks everyone!

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/244 +
http://apache-beam-website-pull-requests.storage.googleapis.com/244/index.html

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré