I think we should triage things to have no set FixVersion instead of 2.4.0.
If we haven't done it since last time then it isn't actually a priority.

I think that we should avoid placing a FixVersion on a JIRA except in two
cases:

 - it is resolved so you are recording it for automated changelog
 - it is a currently active data loss bug that means Beam is not safe to
release

This will help to speed up release cadence so it isn't such a big deal to
squeeze things in.

Kenn