In terms of features, I think a key thing we should focus on is making
simple things simple. Beam is very powerful, but it doesn't always
make easy things easy. Features like schema'd PCollections could go a
long way here. Also fully fleshing out/smoothing our runner
portability story is part of this too.

For beam 3.x we could also reason about if there's any complexity that
doesn't hold its weight (e.g. side inputs on CombineFns).