Annoyingly, it appears that the reporter is not automatically a watcher. It
is incorrect that it is a strict degradation, but I agree that it is not a
good change to make since it favors devs over users. I will chat with infra
about whether we can set up the best case.

In the meantime, perhaps I'll create a separate account for filing JIRAs...

Kenn