+1 (binding)

Go SDK brings new language support for a community not well supported in
the Big Data world the Go developers, so this is a great. Also the fact
that this is the first SDK integrated with the portability work makes it an
interesting project to learn lessons from for future languages.

Now it is the time to start building a community around the Go SDK this is
the most important task now, and the only way to do it is to have the SDK
as an official part of Beam so +1.

Congrats to Henning and all the other contributors for this important
milestone.
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 10:21 AM Holden Karau <hol...@pigscanfly.ca> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding), I've had a chance to work with the SDK and it's pretty
neat to see Beam add support for a language before the most of the big data
ecosystem.

wrote:

>> Hi Henning,

>> SGA has been filed for the entire project during the incubation period.

>> Here, we have to check if SGA/IP donation is clean for the Go SDK.

>> We don't have a lot to do, just checked that we are clean on this front.

>> Regards
>> JB

>> On 22/05/2018 06:42, Henning Rohde wrote:

>>> Thanks everyone!

>>> Davor -- regarding your two comments:
>>>     * Robert mentioned that "SGA should have probably already been
filed" in the previous thread. I got the impression that nothing further
was needed. I'll follow up.
>>>     * The standard Go tooling basically always pulls directly from
github, so there is no real urgency here.