I did a quick pass on the doc and left minor comments, thanks! I have some
feedback and thoughts:

   - For metrics and tools, there ought to be mature OSS projects out there
   we can learn from. I believe Kubernetes has a very healthy practice, it'd
   be ideal to learn from them. +Griselda Cuevas <g...@google.com> can
   connect you (and people working on this).
   - I really like the idea of a style guide (which can evolve) for the
   various areas - presumably Java, Python, Go, etc. have their own. The
   reason I like it is because reviews become easier -- the reviewer will have
   an easier time working with the contributor to make sure together they can
   introduce great code that is consistent with the codebase (so they can
   focus on functionality and scale discussions, not style, which is
   published).
   - I think setting review expectations is hard. Many of us in the
   community have various degrees of time devoted to development - some of us
   are paid to work on Beam full time, others part time, others are gifting
   their time and talent. I find inspiration in the Apache Code of Conduct [1]
   to instead empower people to communicate clearly. A company or a developer
   may choose to say "This is what you can expect from me", and say, opt-in to
   email reminders and such. And when something is time sensitive, we should
   trust reviewers to be Apache-y and do a micro version of "*Step down
   consderately*" -- "I can't commit to reviewing this by Friday, I suggest
   another person.", for example.

I think at the end of the day we all need to eliminate guesswork and
promote the healthiest communication we can so we can all continue to grow
the project as fast as we want.

[1] https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html