We should separate out the decision for (1) whether examples should be
packaged separately upon release and (2) where the example will live
code-wise, i.e. whether we want another repo.  With respect to the first
item, I think the proposal needs more detail before we can decide here--for
example, if we separate out the packaging for the examples, we need to
change our build process and potentially release additional PyPI packages
and this should be thought about before we can make a decision.