Indeed, our current in-progress subsection isn't visible enough. It is also
too coarse grained. Perhaps we can replace it with a list of current and
proposed initiatives?

I could see the index live on the web site, but would prefer individual,
per-initiative pages to live on the wiki. That way they are easy to
maintain by respective contributors.

Thanks