Keep in mind that these user-supplied lambdas are commonly used in our IOs.
One common usage is in Sink IOs, to allow dynamic destinations. e.g. in
BigQueryIO.Write, a user-supplied lambda determines what table a record
should be written to.

Given that IOs are one of the big selling points of cross-language support,
we should think about how we can support this functionality.

Reuven