Hi all,

I recently had the great privilege to work with others from Beam plus
Calcite and Flink SQL contributors to build a new and minimal proposal for
adding streaming extensions to standard SQL: event time, watermarks,
windowing, triggers, stream materialization.

We hope this will influence the standard body and also Calcite and Flink
and other projects working on the streaming SQL.

I would like to start implementing these extensions in Beam, moving from
our current streaming extensions to the new proposal.

   The whole paper is https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.12133

   My small proposal to start in Beam:
https://s.apache.org/streaming-beam-sql

TL;DR: replace `GROUP BY Tumble/Hop/Session` with table functions that do
Tumble, Hop, Session. The details of why to make this change are explained
in the appendix to my proposal. For the big picture of how it fits in, the
full paper is best.