+1 to remove those magic words in Calcite streaming SQL, just because
they're not SQL standard. The idea to replace HOP/TUMBLE with
table-view-functions makes it concise, my only question is, is it(or will
it be) part of SQL standard? --I'm a big fan to align with standards :lol

Ps, although the concept of `window` used here are different from window
function in SQL, the syntax gives some insight. Take the example of
`ROW_NUMBER()
OVER (PARTITION BY COL1 ORDER BY COL2) AS row_number`, `ROW_NUMBER()`
assigns a sequence value for records in subgroup with key 'COL1'. We can
introduce another function, like TUMBLE() which will assign a window
instance(more instances for HOP()) for the record.

Mingmin

--
----
Mingmin