Our mailing list already has decent traffic. The current solution is better for its readability. People would simply adapt to more emails by creating a filter or ignoring them.

I know that the triaging of issues can be slow. How about a dedicated mailing for only open/close notifications, and a weekly / monthly summary of untriaged issues to the dev mailing list?

Thanks,
Max