On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM Maximilian Michels <m...@apache.org> wrote:

> Our mailing list already has decent traffic. The current solution is
> better for its readability. People would simply adapt to more emails by
> creating a filter or ignoring them.

+1. I find the dev generally informative, but as a part-time external
contributor open/close emails would detract from its usefulness for me.

As an alternative to a dedicated mailing list for this purpose, we could
create a wiki article on how to setup customized email notifications from
Jira, with an example specifically for open/close events.  That’s something
I might actually use, but only with additional filters like “sdk-python”.

-chad