Just for info -- I managed to get a pretty good state using IntelliJ
2019.2.3 (Fedora) and a plain gradle import!

There's a slack channel at https://s.apache.org/beam-slack-channel
(see https://beam.apache.org/community/contact-us/) called
#beam-intellij  It's pretty low-traffic, but you might be able to get
some real-time help there if you need it.

Ryan