+1 to separating ITs from precommit. Downside would be, when Chad tried to
do something similar [1] it was noted that the total time to run all
precommit tests would increase and also potentially increase the queue time.

Another alternative, we could run a smaller set of IT tests in precommits
and run the whole suite as part of post commit tests.