I took another look at this and precommit ITs are already running in
parallel, albeit in the same suite. However it appears Python precommits
became slower, especially Python 2 precommits [35 min per suite x 3
suites], see [1]. Not sure yet what caused the increase, but precommits
used to be faster. Perhaps we have added a slow test or a lot of new tests.

[1] https://scans.gradle.com/s/jvcw5fpqfc64k/timeline?task=ancsbov425524