>  Not to mention that all the nice work for the type hints will have to be
> redone in the for 3.x.

Note that there's a tool for automatically converting type comments to
annotations: https://github.com/ilevkivskyi/com2ann

So don't let that part bother you.

I'm curious what other features you'd like to be using in the Beam source
that you cannot now.

It seems the faster we drop support the better.

I've already gone over my position on this, but a refresher for those who
care:  some of the key vendors that support my industry will not offer
python3-compatible versions of their software until the 4th quarter of
2020.  If Beam switches to python3-only before that point we may be forced
to stop contributing features (note: I'm the guy who added the type hints
:).   Every month you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

-chad