I am with Chad on this, we should probably extend it a bit more, even if it
makes us struggle a bit at least we have some workarounds as Robert
suggests,
and as Chad said there are still many people playing the python 3 catchup
game,
so worth to support those users.

But maybe it is worth to evaluate the current state later in the year. In
the
meantime can someone please update our Roadmap in the website with this
info and
where we are with Python 3 support (it looks not up to date).
https://beam.apache.org/roadmap/

- Ismaël