Hi all,

I recently had a chance to look at the documentation for github actions. I
think we could use github actions instead of travis to for building python
wheels during releases. This will have the following advantages:

- We will eliminate one repo. (If you don't know, we have
https://github.com/apache/beam-wheels for the sole purpose of building
wheels file.)
- Workflow will be stored in the same repo. This will prevent bit rot that
is only discovered at release times. (happened a few times, although
usually easy to fix.)
- github actions supports ubuntu, mac, windows environments. We could try
to build wheels for windows as well. (Travis also supports the same
environments but we only use linux and mac environments. Maybe there are
other blockers for building wheels for Windows.)
- We could do more, like daily python builds.

Downsides would be:
- I do not know if github actions will require some special set of
permissions that require an approval from infra.
- Travis works fine most of the time. This might be unnecessary work.

What do you think? Is this feasible, would this be useful?

Ahmet