+1 on dedicated components for cross-language transform. It might be easy
to manage to have one component (one tag for all SDK) rather than
multiple ones.

Re Ashwin,

Cham knows more than me. AFAIK, cross-language transforms will maximize
code reuse for newly developed SDK (e.g. IO transforms for Go SDK). Of
course, a SDK can develop its own IOs, but it's lots of work.

-Rui

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 1:50 PM Ashwin Ramaswami <aramaswa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What are some of the benefits / drawbacks of using cross-language
> transforms? Would a native Python transform perform better than a
> cross-language transform written in Java that is then used in a Python
> pipeline?
>
> Ashwin Ramaswami
> Student
> *Find me on my:* LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashwin-r> | Website
> <https://epicfaace.github.io/> | GitHub <https://github.com/epicfaace>
>

> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:44 PM Kyle Weaver <kcwea...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> SGTM. Though I'm not sure it's necessary to split by language. It might
>> be easier to use a single cross-language tag, rather than having to tag
>> lots of issues as both sdks-python-xlang and sdks-java-xlang.
>>
>> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:29 PM Chamikara Jayalath <chamik...@google.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I think it's good if we can have new Jira components to easily track
>>> various issues related to cross-language transforms.
>>>
>>> What do you think about adding the following Jira components ?
>>>
>>> sdks-python-xlang
>>> sdks-java-xlang